ACEC Massachusetts 2020 Community Service Award
Nomination Deadline: January 31, 2020
Nominate an ACEC/MA member, complete the
This award is recognizes an ACEC/MA member for his/her accomplishments in community service.
Submit your nomination by 4:00 PM, January 31, 2020 for state-level consideration
ELIGIBILITY: Any member, retired member, or fellow of ACEC/MA, but not more than one recipient per year from any one Member Organization (MO). The applicant may not be currently serving on the ACEC/MA Board, nor a member of the ACEC Committee of Fellows.
• The nominees shall be outstanding individuals who have been involved in community service such as board, commissions or community groups and shall have demonstrated a sustained commitment to their communities.
• The nominees shall be perceived by the public in their communities as leaders.
• The nominees may have been active in local, county or state government.
• The nominees shall have served to influence decision-making on issues other than professional.
• The nominees may demonstrate, through their civic involvement, how the quality of life in their community has been enhanced.
• The nominees shall have received no remuneration for professional services rendered, if any.
• The nominees shall be or have been a principal or manager in an ACEC/MA Full Member Firm for at least five (5) years.
ACEC/MA will select an Community Service Award Winner and then forward the nomination to ACEC for the 2020 National Community Service Award Competition. If the nominee is selected to receive an award at the National Level, the award will be made to the recipient in person at the ACEC 2020 Fall Conference.
The ACEC/MA 2020 Community Service Award Winner will be announced and recognized at the 2020 ACEC/MA Engineering Excellence Awards Gala to be held on March 26, 2020 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel. The winner and a guest